Developing my PLN


In order to begin developing my Personal Learning Network (PLN), I was tasked with engaging others through Twitter Chats.  I thought this task would be a piece of cake. After all, I can chat with the best of 'em. My experience was quite eye-opening.

I decided to record this event as you can see below:


You will note that I did not talk during this #globaledchat.  I managed a few Tweets, yes, and a few a follows, but I could not actually talk my way through this experience. I was completely overwhelmed. I do not quite have the hang of this yet. I am sure I will, but using Tweetdeck was very new to me, and it was a LOT to absorb.

Though the video is just over 12 minutes, I did spend a little time afterward trying to assimilate everything. I cannot say I enjoyed that first chat; I was too busy figuring out everything. I do feel that this will be valuable and more fun as I grow more accustomed to Tweetdeck.

Wish me luck.  I'm going to go try again!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you plan to join a future Twitter chat! The first one can be very overwhelming, particularly if it's one with a high number of participants. The conversation tends to move quickly, and it can be difficult to know when / how to jump in. One thing to keep in mind is that Twitter chats are like dinner parties. There's a general topic of interest, which is why everyone is there for the one-hour conversation. However, the really interesting discussions often happen in side conversations during the chat. For example, someone may post an interesting comment in response to Q2 in the chat. You might then reply directly to that person (including the hashtag so others in the chat can see) to ask for clarification or make a comment. Then, this person replies back to you, and you reply, and so on. These little side conversations allow you to dig deeper into parts of the conversation that interest you. This is also a great way to find folks to follow and build relationships over time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merrill Vs. Bloom

A Shark in the SAMR Pool

The Impact of Communication and Feedback