Life as a New EC Teacher... in a Pandemic!

 I finally became a licensed teacher in NC. Over twenty years in the making, but I finally made it.  It only took 20 years and working in a variety of other educational settings, but here I am! It is exciting and wonderful and crazy.

And. of course, it's in the middle of a pandemic...😖

Oh. And I am working on a doctorate. And I am on a Residency License, so I have more undergrad classes to take as well. Life is pretty much back-to-back educational settings right now. 😮

No worries! I am excited to be doing what I love at a school that has the best sense of community. Things are not perfect, and I have days when I'm a total mess, but overall, things are good. I'm learning and growing. Those are some of the most important things for me. 

I always thought I would teach Social Studies; after all, my undergrad degree is in history. Yet, I am now an Exceptional Children's (EC) Teacher. All I can think is that the past 20 years in various educational settings have finally lead me to where I was meant to be. I never would have thought this is where I would end up, yet I am excited that I have. 

I feel like, maybe, I have finally found "my place." Even the rough days are no where near as difficult as some of my previous "bad days" at another job. Perhaps I am finally where I supposed to be. 

I look forward to sharing more about my journey in the coming months. Reflective practice is important, so here I go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merrill Vs. Bloom

A Shark in the SAMR Pool

The Impact of Communication and Feedback