Practicum Week #7

October 2-October 8, 2017

(Slightly new format, just to make sure I cover all the details!)

Description: Last week, I continued my review of the new policy and procedures for Pearson Vue- GED® and ETS-HiSET®  test administration. There is a lot of material to be condensed into manageable chunks for Proctors and New Test Administrators. 

Feelings: I have been overwhelmed with some health issues the past few works, and I am preparing for surgery. This has put me a little behind, as school work is the first thing I put on the back burner when I am overwhelmed. Though I will eventually use this for my job, it is not a "priority task," thus I have let it fall aside a bit. 

 Evaluation: Reviewing the new policy and procedures manuals have been a bit of a blessing. We have a few adjustments to make in our procedures, but mostly it just allowed me to focus on something other than looming health concerns, while at the same time being almost... mindless? That is not really the right word. Mind-numbing, maybe? This was a good experience, ultimately. As I read, I tried to think about "what would a new person need to know? what are the highlights?"

 Analysis: I have made notations of information that MUST be included in the Proctor Training modules. I am also working on how we as a test center will define "proctor." One would think it is the same for every test center, but it is not. Each center has different roles for "proctors." A defined role is important as I continue to outline important information and create the sub-modules.

Conclusion:  I am behind on my work. I wanted to have clear pages created and content on several of them by this point. However, reviewing the new Policies and Procedures that were released has been vital to figuring out what to include in my sub-modules.

Action Plan:  This week, October 9-October 15, I will begin creating my content pages for the Proctor training sections of the HiSET® and GED® modules. Some of the pages to be included are: definition of a Proctor for our test center, the "key components" of testing-integrity, security, and customer service, and more. I also plan to do screenshots of these pages to include in my next blog post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merrill Vs. Bloom

A Shark in the SAMR Pool

The Impact of Communication and Feedback